By Paul Stocker
Read or Download A Student Grammar of German PDF
Best grammar books
This booklet is a grammar of Mangghuer, a Mongolic language spoken by way of nearly 25,000 humans in China's northwestern Qinghai Province. Mangghuer is almost unknown outdoor China, and no grammar of Mangghuer has ever been released in any language. The book's fundamental significance is therefore as a scientific grammatical description of a little-known language.
This number of unique papers is a consultant survey of contemporary theoretical and cross-linguistic paintings on reciprocity and reflexivity. Its such a lot awesome characteristic isits mixture offormal ways, case stories on person languages and large typological surveys in a single quantity, displaying that the interplay of formal techniques to grammar and typology could lead to new insights and effects for either fields.
The research of syntax during the last part century has visible a awesome enlargement of the bounds of human wisdom concerning the constitution of typical language. The Routledge guide of Syntax provides a accomplished survey of the key theoretical and empirical advances within the dynamically evolving box of syntax from quite a few views, either in the dominant generative paradigm and among syntacticians operating inside of generative grammar and people operating in functionalist and similar ways.
Simply as we should always imagine sooner than we communicate, we have to imagine earlier than we write. such a lot people aren't poets or novelists, yet we're all writers. We e mail, textual content, and publish; we craft memos and experiences, menus and open air signage, birthday playing cards and sticky notes at the refrigerator. Get a Grip in your Grammar is a grammar e-book when you hate grammar books, a writing source jam-packed with speedy solutions and a playful style—not unending, indecipherable grammar jargon.
- First Language Acquisition in Spanish: A Minimalist Approach to Nominal Agreement (Continuum Studies in Theoretical Linguistics)
- Comparative Syntax and Language Acquisition (Routledge Leading Linguists)
- A Grammar of Teiwa (Mouton Grammar Library [MGL])
- Latin Grammar You Really Need to Know: Teach Yourself (Teach Yourself Language Reference)
- Practical Guide to Syntactic Analysis, 2nd Edition (Lecture Notes)
- The Elliptical Noun Phrase in English: Structure and Use (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics)
Additional info for A Student Grammar of German
A Student Grammar of German by Paul Stocker