By Mary Eagleton
- Introduces readers to the large scope of feminist concept over the last 35 years.
- Guides scholars alongside the leading edge of present feminist theory.
- Suitable for college kids and students of all fields touched by way of feminist thought.
- Covers an incredibly vast variety of disciplines, discourses and feminist positions.
- Organised round options instead of faculties of feminism.
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
This ebook lines a provocative line from Emerson's paintings on race, reform, and identification to paintings via 3 influential African- American thinkers--W. E. B. Du Bois, Martin Luther King Jr. , and Cornel West--each of whom bargains sophisticated engagement with either the culture of written protest and the critique of liberalism Emerson formed.
The Literary schedule is a sequence of brief polemical monographs concerning the value of literature and of examining within the wider international and concerning the nation of literary schooling within colleges and universities. the class of 'the literary' has constantly been contentious. what's transparent, even though, is how more and more it's brushed off or is unrecognised as a manner of considering or an enviornment for concept.
Overseas in her attraction, Nadine Gordimer is an unique and comprehensive novelist whose works have came across literary and well known acceptance. during this serious examine, first released in 1988 and the 1st through a lady, Judie Newman discusses Gordimer’s novels, together with A activity of Nature. Gordimer’s writing is either political dedicated and officially cutting edge, confronting material of serious modern curiosity and even as searching out narrative types that mix ecu and indigenous tradition.
Rusty and that i are a tangible expression of the top admiration for the nice literary presents and infrequent humanism of Ruskin Bond. At one time, Bond used to be pilloried and tomahawked through a few critics who notion him healthy simply to be released in weekend vitamins as his form of writing, in line with them, used to be 'simplistic.
- Jazz in the Time of the Novel: The Temporal Politics of American Race and Culture
- The Ambivalent Art of Katherine Anne Porter
- Identity in Zadie Smith's "White Teeth" and Hanif Kureishi's "My Beautiful Laundrette"
- Contemporaries and Snobs (Modern & Contemporary Poetics)
- The Cambridge History of American Poetry
Additional resources for A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Mary Eagleton